GTAForums does NOT endorse or allow any kind of GTA Online modding, mod menus, tools or account selling/hacking. Do NOT post them here or advertise them, as per the forum rules.

Fastest way to load into GTAO. Single player first, or straight in?

Blasterman4EVER

Loading GTA V to get into GTAO - SP or MP from the start?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. When getting ready to play GTAO, do you prefer to load into single player first, or do you load directly into online?

• I load into single player first.
    • I load directly into multiplayer.

Blasterman4EVER

Been wondering how this is for everyone for a while, so I'll poll it.

When you turn on your console for GTAO, do you find it loads quicker and is more likely to not freeze or lock up in the cloud when you go straight into online, or let the game load in single player, then switch to online?

I've found that I have the least problems, and that the loading process is quicker when I load to single player first, then switch to online.

Is this for everyone?

How do you load in?

• Like 3

http://i1377.photobucket.com/albums/ah56/mark_kyle1/cruise%20bane%20copyq_zpshuldyot6.jpg

Yellow Dog with Cone

While I find Single Player > Online faster to load in, sometimes I load straight to Online when I have to attend something else while the game loads, like going to the bathroom or whatever.

But most of the time, I load Single Player first.

• Like 1

flexcreator

It's mostly the case. Starting a single player is always faster. It's just not always convenient.

Also, I don't know about the consoles, but on PC the game is launching faster if it's not your first launch since the boot.

Also, all the online "loading" screens (clouds, black screens and I beleive the initial game loading) heavily depend on other players. If you get stuck or recieve a timeout at loading, it's caused by other players in the session (sh***ty internet or whatever), NOT the R* servers. Because, splitting the session (making the solo lobby) will instantly make you unstuck and allow to finally enter the game.

Edited by flexcreator
  • Like 2

I start single player first because it gives you the option to start a private game too.

• Like 3

lll-H-I-M-lll

Single player so i dont have to hear that awful intro music for any longer than i have too

• Like 8

I always start from SP, then IO then join friends/crewmates already in pub lobbies.

• Like 3

No Use For A Name

Quicker to load into SP then online, but more of a chance youll get stuck in the clouds

Slower to load directly into Online, but less a chance youll get stuck in the clouds

Pick your poison!

• Like 2

Load singleplayer, than join invite only session, than join friends. Otherwise when you get an error, you get put back in that invite only lobby way quicker than having to wait way longer to join a public lobby.

However, back on ps3, I used to get into an invite only lobby within seconds. Currently it takes like 35-40 seconds to join an invite only lobby on ps4. Internet speed has been increased 2 times since I played on ps3, there is something on there end that makes it take way longer than it used to.

Edited by Xiled
  • Like 4

IamCourtney

90% of the time I just start the direct-to-online process while I finish up some chores, fix a snack, pack a bowl etc. I usually spawn on my yacht so I can launch an afk Piracy Prevention if I still need to do a little more stuff irl. I get stuck in the clouds every so often but luckily that hasn't been a regular issue for me in quite some time.

• Like 2

Yep same as everyone else, single player then Online.

• Like 2

Spider-Vice

I've even heard the God damned loading music loop when I went straight to Online. Always SP then Online. I feel like the issue is even worse on PC with the straight to Online loading screens.

• Like 3

image.png

GTANet | Red Dead Network | 🌲

black lives matter | stop Asian hate | trans lives = human lives

the beginning is moments ago, the end is moments away 

Black Boxcar in the dark

I've even heard the God damned loading music loop when I went straight to Online. Always SP then Online. I feel like the issue is even worse on PC with the straight to Online loading screens.

I had that problem couple of times.

I do single player then I/O (invite only)... then join someone / something or 'find new session' to go public.

I know it looks longer but if you join lots of jobs like me it saves tons of time to always load back into your own I/O session after.

There's an option to remain host after the next job vote screen, that might be why I always seem to load back into my own I/O session. In case it's useful that option is in...

Pause > Online > Options > Remain Host bla bla bla > On

That cuts down much more loading time.

• Like 2

Non Funkable Token

People already told you.

I load straight into online anyway (PC), it lasts more but:

-I can do something else in the meantime instead of loading online from SP.

-I'm so sick of seeing Michael in underwear waking up from a nightmare and screaming (yeah, not arsed to advance in the singleplayer story as of now).

Edited by Fluffy Sock

Shadowfennekin

SP -> Invite Only -> New session

Fastest way to get in for me

Going straight to a public lobby, even after SP is loaded first takes longer and often ends with "Error" or infinite loading. Going Invite then choosing a different session allows me to play more quickly

• Like 1

I don't even bother loading into SP first anymore, even if it would be faster.

Just seeing the generic mini cut scene of a Franklin walking out of a bar or whatever is something I associate with being kicked out of online while playing.

Completed story mode on last gen before going online and didn't look back.

If there was a way to delete the SP version of the game I would do it in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Sleepwalking

[PC]I set the game directly load into story mode, from there I go online.

It is faster then directly going into online.

Also it is more fun, before joining online I usually kill Amanda, Jimmy and Tracey. They deserve that!

Edited by Sleepwalking

Surprised to see so many load into single-player first. I know that single-player itself always loads quick but then there's the Franklin-Michael-Trevor "look what situation I got myself into now" little cut-scene they have going on and then you have to launch another loading window to get into online. So it's more of a multi-step process with two different wait times.

I gather the wait-time from launching the app to story-mode being fully loaded and the wait from loaded-story-mode to online could in theory be a much shorter wait then just launching directly to online. But honestly that seems unlikely and a bit more convoluted. Maybe it's a little quicker but it can't be by that much or anything substantial enough to make the switch. I'm going to time all of these methods and see what is actually quicker when I log back on in the near future. It's wild seeing so many people use the multi-step method, but if there's so many people doing it then there has to be something to it.

I've never found the direct to online process to be too-long of a wait or anything that dragged on unnecessarily long. It's a simple process from my perspective. Only time I load directly into story-mode first is with the intent to actually play story-mode first. It's very cut and dry for me.

Edited by R3CON
  • Like 1

KgQS6by.jpg?1

Sleepwalking

Surprised to see so many load into single-player first. I know that single-player itself always loads quick but then there's the Franklin-Michael-Trevor "look what situation I got myself into now" little cut-scene they have going on and then you have to launch another loading window to get into online. So it's more of a multi-step process with two different wait times.

Did you beat the campaign?

I think switch scenes when you load the game first time doesn't occur after you beat the campaign and you directly spawn in safe houses without cutscenes.

always loads quick but then there's the Franklin-Michael-Trevor "look what situation I got myself into now" little cut-scene they have going on

You can just quick-save doing nothing and it will always load you to that save without any cutscenes.

• Like 3

Forza Harrd

Last few months I've been doing a patched dupe glitch by always leaving by going to Creator mode, so basically if there's a good glitch I never leave online. But irl I'm in the process of moving my apartment and had to turn off the console yesterday. So for now it's back to loading into SP first. Just like everybody else.

Lonely-Martin

Pretty confident, like many here, I'm blocked by our beloved Blasterman, lol. Just in case he's interested in actually reading another's opinion though...

I always load into single player, then I hold the down button and join online if I'm after a public, or use the pause menu for invite sessions when I go there.

Been the same since day one. Well, I'd avoid public sessions until freemode businesses needed me to leave the crew sessions I lived in anyhow, I miss that bliss.

ALifeOfMisery

Always SP first. I seem to have better luck getting a solo session that way.

• Like 1

SP is way faster but I just load into online and go do something else while it sits at 90% for ten minutes.

• Like 1

Smooth Longsack

I always just load into online, both on pc and Xbox. I never watch the loading screens and have not timed it, in any case. I almost always have something I can do irl during the load. It loads much faster on my pc. That i do know.