Grand Theft Auto V

View Stats:
NoobMaster69 Nov 9, 2016 @ 10:38am
Why does online take forever to load?
Is it cuz of the new Tron thingy?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 169 comments
Troyas Nov 9, 2016 @ 10:57am 
Online has always taked forever to load for me..
extremely tiresome
Practikill Nov 9, 2016 @ 11:04am 
It's not that the game its self take so long, it is due to the peer-to-peer nature of the game. After jobs, or when first going online, it tries to put you and who you were playing with into a public session, the time it takes depends on syncing with all those other players, and your party as well.

All you need to do is play in an invite only session with friends and you will see.....after a job you load back into the world so much faster.
Last edited by Practikill; Nov 9, 2016 @ 11:05am
umar48 Nov 9, 2016 @ 12:53pm 
Shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes. If it takes longer, you're highly likely to get an error.
Totenkopf Nov 9, 2016 @ 5:34pm 
I got nat on my modem opened few port now its not taking forever to load.
ShadowAngel (Banned) Nov 9, 2016 @ 5:59pm 
Lots of data going through a small pipe, sorry, wrong game
The P2P nature combined with the size of the game (60+ giga) just takes a lot of time and that has always been the case even back on Xbox360/PS3
Just accept it.
I just start the game and continue to read my current book
SteelRodent Nov 10, 2016 @ 1:16am 
The game itself takes about 30 seconds to just under a minute to load for me, but online can take anywhere from a few seconds to 20 minutes to sync with all the other players in a session, depending on how crap their connection is. If you're not already online, the game will usually load faster if you go into story mode first, and then into online.

Quite often, if the loading screens take more than a few minutes, it's faster to restart the game (force quit with Alt+F4) and then join your friends instead of going into a random online session (provided any of your friends are online that is).
NoobMaster69 Nov 10, 2016 @ 2:35am 
Lol, I knew I wasn't the only one. Apparently a lot of Chinese peopur are having prahblums too, you lo?
umar48 Nov 11, 2016 @ 12:05pm 
Originally posted by SteelRodent:
The game itself takes about 30 seconds to just under a minute to load for me, but online can take anywhere from a few seconds to 20 minutes to sync with all the other players in a session, depending on how crap their connection is. If you're not already online, the game will usually load faster if you go into story mode first, and then into online.

Quite often, if the loading screens take more than a few minutes, it's faster to restart the game (force quit with Alt+F4) and then join your friends instead of going into a random online session (provided any of your friends are online that is).
Dude, it should not take 20 minutes to load GTA Online. It shouldn't take longer than 3 minutes. If it does, quit the game and try again.
-B.A.Frayd-™ Nov 11, 2016 @ 1:24pm 
The game has gotten progressively longer to load since it's inception. There is a lot more content in the game than there used to be, so that's one thing. The other thing I believe, is that R* is doing a lot more thorough cheat detection while the game is loading.
umar48 Nov 12, 2016 @ 4:49am 
It'd be stupid to do cheat detection during loading if someone could just activate the mods after GTA Online has loaded.
🅱🅾🆁🅶 Nov 12, 2016 @ 5:08am 
Takes longer yeah but not 20 minutes long. If its taking 20 minutes I'd say that's more of a network issue on your end lol.

I think there's several factors affecting it though like network speed, HDD/RAM/Processor speed etc.
umar48 Nov 13, 2016 @ 4:24am 
Yeah, specs definitely do come into play. On my PC, it takes about a minute or two to connect to GTA Online and join a populated session, but on my laptop on the same network, it takes at least 3 minutes to load a session.
DonSeismo Nov 13, 2016 @ 5:04am 
Same here, takes forever and I have no idea why. I have GTA on SSD, fast CPU and 50MBit cable internet.

Biggest problem in my opinion is the lack of a proper status bar or information what the game is actually doing at the moment or if it's just no longer responding. I think of something similar to other online games with matchmaking where you get information about search process and expected waiting time.
Drinjanin (Banned) Nov 13, 2016 @ 5:40am 
Well, I have 206 hours of gameplay, but I bet at least 100 hours were loading times. I remember completing the Fleeca heist for the very first time. There was a white screen for at least 10 minutes. I have searched online, and found out that other people have experienced the same problem. I guess they don't care to fix it. Then it happened again sometime after that, Fleeca gain went white screen for like 5 minutes. The worst thing is when you complete a setup mission before finale heist, and loading time lasts so long that I don't get invited at the finale.
Pharaoh Man Nov 13, 2016 @ 5:46am 
I just bought the game today and spent forever loading it. Finally a screen came up and said I can't play until I play online first. So...now I'm spending forever loading online...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 169 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 9, 2016 @ 10:38am